Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Today and Tomorrow

Oh my precious Lord,

What ignorance,... and arrogance, is the so-called knowledge of Your sheep.  We oftentimes think we know what the day holds but we are so ignorant,... and arrogant.  I know those words sound ugly but they are true.  You are God.  Only You know all things.  You know what each day holds.  I am learning daily to be satisfied in the knowledge that I know the One Who holds this day and all of my tomorrows. 

1 John 4:18 NIV

There is no fear in love.  But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment.  The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

I have often thought about this scripture.  I kept trying to put myself in there.  Into being the one who has to love perfectly.  That's not how it is.  Actually, that is quite impossible.  I cannot love perfectly.  But once I realize that God loves me perfectly- all the time - I can begin to grasp that there truly is nothing to fear.  He is perfect.  I can trust Him with EVERYTHING.  Anything that comes my way, He knows about.  He's seen it.  He knows how the story ends before it even begins.  He has me in the palm of His hand. 

He holds my today and He holds my tomorrow.  He holds your today and He holds your tomorrow.  His perfect love can be trusted.  Do not trust what you know.  Trust Who you know.   

No comments:

Post a Comment