Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Sidelines

Anything that keeps us sitting on the sidelines and not out and about serving the Lord is not a good thing.  It is time to put aside anything and everything that hinders us from going out and loving on people.  From showing them the Father's love.  The Father's heart.  While we are snug in our comfortable little worlds, there are young girls being raped by ISIS.  There are young girls aborting precious little babies.  There are women being beaten by their husbands.  There is a hurting world that needs the comfort of the Lord.  They need someone to stand up and fight for them.  This world is a scary place with horrendous things happening right in plain view and we do nothing.  I, for one, do not want to sit on the sidelines any longer.  I want to make a difference with this one life the Lord has given me.  I want to leave a legacy for the glory of God.  

Hebrews 12:1-4

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.  In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.

I'm tired of easy.  Wasting away time that could be used for something that matters.  I'm asking the Lord to show me anything and everything that I need to throw off.  Anything that hinders me from running the race He has for me.  I'm also asking for the courage to do whatever He shows me and the resources.  Everything in this world is at His disposal and all my so-called limitations are nothing to Him.  

So today, I am looking for opportunities to help whomever the Lord places in my path.  I am starting where I am and open to where He wants me to go.  One step, one request, One magnificent, glorious God Who is well-able.  For the love,...  

No comments:

Post a Comment