Monday, September 19, 2016

A Call to Women

Song of Songs 2:14 NIV

My dove in the clefts of the rock, in the hiding places on the mountainside, show me your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely.

I believe this scripture is a call to women who have been silenced by insecurity and fear.  The Lord wants us to come out of hiding and find our voice.  We are worthy to be heard.  Jesus has made us worthy. 

So many things work to keep us silent.  Rejection is a biggie for me.  I have suffered a lot of rejection in my life from many sources.  Some being the ones who should love me the most.  As I was spending time with the Lord this morning I realized I have been hiding.  If I hide I can't get hurt.  I can't be rejected if I don't put myself out there.

I don't want to waste this life.  This one life Jesus has given me to make a difference in this world.  If we are not making a difference we might as well not be here. 

I love to LOVE.  I love people.  I love my God-gift of a husband.  I love my family and friends.  I love the woman sitting alone in a restaurant.  I love the child beside the road waiting on the school bus.  I love the police officer who works to protect me.  I love the first responder who is willing to put his life at risk to save someone else's life.  I love.  I love.  It's just what I do. 

When my time on this earth is through, I hope people can say that I loved well.  I want to come out of hiding.  Put behind my insecurity and fear and LOVE WELL.  I want to be like Jesus and love with the Father's love - not counting the cost.

Hebrews 12:1-2 NLT

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up.  And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.  We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.  Because of the joy awaiting Him, He endured the cross, disregarding its shame.  Now He is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment