Saturday, July 12, 2014

Quick Fix

I attended a yoga class a few days ago.  Putting aside all I had heard about the new age aspects of the practice.  My desire was and is simply to learn how to relax, to let go, to live - to live!  Why is that so hard?  I was praying about whether or not to attend another class this morning.  You know - "God, should I go or not go?  Please tell let me know what I need to do."  Nothing.  No answer falling upon my ears.  So, as I've learned lately, I purposely didn't stress over it and just continued with my morning routine of a hot caffeinated beverage and some reading and being quiet.  I came across a simple phrase in my reading.  It related to quick fixes.  And God spoke to my heart through that phrase.  I really don't want any more quick fixes in my life.  I'm tired of that.  I want lasting fixes.  Fixes that begin within and make their way out into my everyday living.  For me - hear that - for me, yoga is the quick fix for learning to relax, to let go, to live.  I want the lasting fix.  The fix that endures the test of time.  The proven fix to relaxing, to letting go, to living.  And that fix has to come from within.  That fix can only come from the Holy Spirit in me - enabling me to trust God.  To relax in Him.  To let go in Him.  To live in Him.

Romans 11:36 & 37

For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.  To Him be glory forever.  Amen.

Father God,
I thank You for speaking to my heart this morning.  May everything in my life be from You, through You and back to You.  All for Your glory.  I love You.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment